For episode 71 we bring you the author and photographer of the amazing book “Launderama” – Joshua Blackburn.
Joshua has found his way to photography late in life after a career in design. He embarked on a massive project to photograph all the laundrettes in London. You will find out, the how, why and when about this fantastic story and will help you understand some of the pictures better. It’s not a book you can say fits one style of photography, it encompasses abstract art, the geometry of lines, documentary and street all rolled into one!
He also talks to us about:
- Hoxton book binding
- Working with Hoxton
- Visiting 462 Laundrettes
- Exploring & travelling around London
- Cruising the USA with camera
- Projects + importance
- 30000 pictures as practice
- What’s next
- Being a technophobe
- Instagram positivity
- Martin Parr on digital/analogue
- Need/lusts for technology
Find out which country he would like to move and why!
We discuss Xmas festivities and the problems with an elf based economy
Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/coinop_london/
Website – https://www.joshuablackburn.art/
Hoxton Press website – https://www.hoxtonminipress.com/
Review of Joshua’s book – review by Phlogger
Why not keep informed of whats going on by signing up for the weekly newsletter. Members of the newsletter will hear the news about projects and ideas before the public and first chance at any projects.
Check out the latest podcast,reviews and articles:
- Interview with Top Gun Dave Baranek
- Interview with Mads Madison
- Interview with Bellamy from Japan Camera Hunter
- Competition results with Charlie from Kodak Alaris
- Christmas special with the Phlogger