Interview with master printer Andrew Sanderson – episode 66 of Photography insights, your one stop guide to interviews with people in the photography industry.
I’m glad to bring you someone from the analogue world of the darkroom today. Andrew Sanderson is one of a few Ilford master printers and talks to us about black & white printing. Watch out for his Yorkshire accent and hope you enjoy 2 Andrew’s for the price of one!.
Andrew discusses linguistics, pinhole, x-ray film and DIY cameras. He also talks about darkroom courses and his approach to teaching. During his random questions, you will find out about the inner Andrew and why he wants to punch a few blokes called Boris and his favourite conspiracy! Hope you like his Yorkshire accent and just think 2 Andrew’s for the price of one!
In this one we discuss:
- Shooting x-ray
- Experimenting with pin-hole
- Helping beginners
- Social media- benefits+drawbacks
- Working with Ilford
- ORTHO vs Panochromatic
- Print then scan
- Darkroom courses
- Soft focus lenses
- 1 lens advantages
- Diy cameras
Pinterest – https://www.pinterest.co.uk/andrew2499/
- Favourite conspiracy
- Which boris’s need a punch
Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/phlogger_photos/
As promised on the podcast, here are some additional images provided by Andrew.
Keep up to date with articles and latest podcasts, delivered every week to your inbox.
- Interview with National Geographic photographer Max Aguilera Hellweg
- Interview with street & editorial photographer Michelle Groskopf
- Mental health and the creative mind – a real story with Shaun Hall & Victoria Louise
- Interview with photojournalist Rob Pinney from Point 51 Magazine
- Podcasting as a learning tool